This role is part of a small back office team supporting two management consultancy business. Together we focus on transforming the NHS, provision of private sector turnaround and people focused change.
Kingsgate is a transformation consultancy business with a strong and established track record of successfully delivering transformational projects and large cost improvement (CIP) programmes primarily in the NHS. Kingsgate has experienced significant growth in recent years.
Dearden HR is a high quality and trusted provider of HR and workforce solutions primarily with the NHS but also across third sector, education and other public sector. Dearden HR has also undergone significant growth and development in recent years.
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Contracts Administrator forms a key part of the business support team. The role will be varied and at times demanding. The scope and hours for the role will depend on the blend of skills available. We have provisionally advised in the region of 15-20 hours and would explore this at interview. We are looking for people with skills and experience appropriate to the following areas. We will assess the fit and invite to interview accordingly:
Administration of contracts and agreements in relation to clients, consultants and partners
- The management and responsibility for drafting and issuing all contracts for clients, associates, subcontractors, fixed term employees, and NDAs to ensure that contractual risks to the businesses are minimised. Also ensuring that signed contracts are received from all clients and are centrally stored.
- Contract management of client contracts, acting as the primary point of contact for contractual matters and incoming enquiries.
- Contract management of associate and subcontractor contracts responsible for communications between the Kingsgate/DHR project lead and the associate/subcontractor on contractual, invoicing and resourcing matters.
- Management of the Contract Trackers and Contract Resource Trackers.
- Management, auditing and approval of associate and subcontractor invoices for payment.
- Supplying information to the Bookkeeper in relation to client invoicing and the supply of Monthly Management Information under the frameworks.
- The above does not require legal qualification but willingness to review some contractual details and edit existing templates.
Co-ordinator for our team of associates
- Co-ordinating entry to our team of approved associates.
- Maintaining database of associates’ details.
- Issuing information request forms, onboarding details and responding to basic enquiries from associates.
- Issuing and chasing acceptance of associate contracts as per above.
Supporting the implementation and ongoing effective use of Salesforce (and Resource Hero plug in) as a database for tracking opportunities, resource allocation, pricing, recording resource used and as a repository of project history. Will require data entry with a high degree of accuracy. Salesforce experience, including reporting, preferred but not essential if prepared to learn.
Contributing to the wider team
- Contribute to the business strategy and direction and attend Strategy Away Days (3-4 per year in London/Surrey).
- Provide general business and administrative support to enable the businesses to operate efficiently on a day-to-day basis.
- Assisting with ad-hoc administrative tasks as the need arises.
Depending on skill mix in team and skills of applicant (may not be required):
Proposals/bid support (co-ordinate and produce proposal/bid documents)
- Contribute to a library of assets used for bidding, eg CVs, project history, features and benefits descriptions of how we approach our work.
- Leading and overseeing all ITT responses, ensuring the businesses respond to ITTs quickly and efficiently, producing high quality bid responses within advertised deadlines.
- Coordinate proposal input from a variety of sources
- Champion collaboration tools, document management and version control best practices.
- Ensure proposal documents follow branding guidelines, standard formatting and quality standards.
- Provide advice on flow, language and grammar to content owners.
- Consolidate sections and/or documents developed by others team members into the required tender format.
- Ensure tender information is correctly filed.
Identification and co-ordination of competitive leads
- Framework management of all framework agreements (CCS, SBS, LGRP, Bloom) acting as the primary point of contact for contractual matters and incoming enquiries, and ensuring that all contractual obligations are met.
- Implement and manage a tracking process to ensure that all framework call-off opportunities, and other advertised tender opportunities are identified, circulated and approved internally.
- Manage communications and sharing of tender opportunities with external business partners and framework subcontractors.
The role will be varied and at times demanding, and suitable for an organised, dedicated and professional individual. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, organisation, planning and time management skills are essential. The successful applicant will be results-driven, able to deliver to deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and accuracy in document administration. Importantly, they should be able to analyse potential and actual problems and develop solutions, with the ability to function at a high level independently but also work well with others. They will enjoy the flexibility of working from home whilst maintaining a motivated and dedicated attitude, working on their own initiative and planning their day to maximise results for the team.
The Contracts Administrator will demonstrate:
Experience and Knowledge
- Administrative experience (essential)
- Experience of working with or in the public sector (desirable)
- Experience of drafting and reviewing contractual documents (desirable)
- Experience of tendering and proposal writing in public sector (requirement will depend on skill mix of applicant and existing staff)
Skills and Attitude
- Ability to work flexibly, as part of a small team (essential)
- Ability to manage changing priorities (essential)
- Ability to take ownership for work and work independently (essential)
- A willingness to learn and apply learning to future projects (essential)
- Confidence in dealing with senior staff, and ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at all levels (essential)
- Proven administration and project management skills (essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (essential)
- Organisation, planning and time management skills (essential)
- Intermediate MS Office (essential)
- Strong analytical, numeracy and research skills (desirable)
- Salesforce including reporting (desirable)
Reporting to: Managing Director, Dearden HR.
Salary is £15,000 per year for 20 hours per week (FTE £30k).
Part-time hours: to be confirmed but c.05 FTE with scope for up to 30 hours depending on skills and experience. Flexible on allocation of hours but ideally over at least 4 days, Monday to Friday.
Application: Please send your c.v. to email@example.com, together with a cover letter outlining your suitability against each of the above responsibilities.